We are a "church". The word church simply means "a called out assembly". Jesus said..."upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it." Matthew 16:18
We are Baptist. Historically, Baptists hold to the following doctrines. This is what makes us distinctly Baptist:
1. The Bible is all we need for faith and practice;
2 Independent, autonomous churches;
3. Regenerated church membership;
4. Baptism by immersion of believers only, and the Lord's Supper as the two ordinances of the church;
5. Priesthood of all believers and soul liberty; and
6. Separation of church and state.
We are Fundamentalists. We believe the following fundamentals of the faith:
1. The Trinity: God the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, three and yet one, all fully God;
2. The absolute inspiration, inerrancy, and infallibility of the Holy Scriptures;
3. The incarnation, virgin birth, sinless life, death,
burial, resurrection, and substitutionary atonement
of Jesus Christ;
4 .The personal salvation of those who put their faith
in the gospel of Christ; and
5. The reality of the Second Coming, Heaven, and Hell.
We are Independent. The word "Independent" means the church is not a member of any council, convention nor is a part of any hierarchy outside the local congregation. A true Independent Baptist church governs itself apart from any outside agency and would not be a part of a national or international denomination that would exercise authority over the local church. Thus, the name "independent" means the church patterns itself after the New Testament example and stands alone under the authority of the scriptures. Independent churches are autonomous assemblies having no organization over them in authority. Free from outside interference, they direct their own affairs under the authority of the scriptures.
Gardens Baptist Church
1870 SE Port St Lucie Blvd
Port Saint Lucie, FL 34952
Pastor Richard Parker
Phone:( 772) 370-9160
(A) The Holy Scriptures. We believe the Holy Scriptures of the Old and New Testament to be the verbally and plenary inspired Word of God. The Scriptures are inerrant, infallible and God-breathed, and therefore are the final authority for faith and life.
Learn more here
Sunday Morning Worship
Sunday Evening Worship
Wednesday Evening Prayer